Tuesday, March 15, 2011

MOVIE - Beastly

Enjoyed the book, enjoyed the movie
Released 3-4-11
PG-13
3-15-11 at PP alone, needed to celebrate finishing report cards
RT 21% cag 80%
Based on the book by Alex Flinn
Director: Daniel Barnz
Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens, and Neil Patrick Harris

I read the book and blogged about it here. And the movie was probably not the best story ever told, but it was certainly entertaining. I'm glad I went!
The story was really a condensed version of the book except that Kyle Kingston, the beast, was not made hairy and clawed,, he was made tattooed, thickly scarred, open-looking gashes and slices, and what looked like a mass of bubbling lesions beside his nose.
The advertising poster makes him look fairly decent, you should see him head-on. I'm not a Vanessa Hudgens fan, but she is a really beautiful young lady. Short. Or Alex Pettyfer is pretty tall. Or both. I wonder if there was confusion when Alex and Alex were on the set?

I'm not going to rewrite the ploot, because I did that for the book. I just reread it, and it's not badly written at all, so I'll put the link above and leave it at that. Fun.

1 comment:

Portugal said...

I am a huge Beauty and the Beast fan and this was a great new spin on the whole story from a modern and fresh point of view. I would suggest this to anyone who is looking for something new to read.