Thursday, February 5, 2009

Splat the Cat - Rob Scotton

Published: 2008
Rating: 5
Endpapers: Front: White with small grey mouse (Seymour), Back: white with small mouse hour door

I adore Splat. He's a fuzzy black cat with huge round white eyes and a questions mark tail. All the cats are the furriest, fuzziest, funkiest cats I've ever seen.

Simple, simple storyline - first day of school for Splat ("his tail wiggled with worry"), he doesn't want to go, but of course ends up loving it. It's the illustrations that really got to me - I flipped through the book three times before going on. He also wrote Russell the Sheep and two other Russell books. I bet they're great. I think Rob Scotton's British...

Black and with and shades-of-gray illustrations with one (well, sometimes two) objects of strong color on the page.

No comments: