Friday, June 14, 2024

Summer Jaunt #3 - Quilt Shop Hopping thru Dauphin-Lebanon-Lancaster Counties


 Gorgeous summer day, though it did sprinkle a bit later in the day.

Started at TLC Quilting in Middletown, which is really not very far away and quite easy to get to.  Small, but a bit of everything and nice people.  Lots of classes and get-togethers.  Purchased 1/2 yd of white.

Meandered from there through Mt. Gretna and Cornwall.  I never realized that Mt. Gretna is a summer fun/resorty area!  I wish I'd stopped and taken pictures, it was quite nice.  I then headed over to Lancaster County and Burkholder's Quilt shop (where I purchased two more 1/2 yards of white to turn into jelly roll strips).

From there, found the business card of Hammond School Farm Market, which I discovered whilst out jaunting last fall, so headed over to New Holland.  Bought some fresh veggies, chocolate chip cookies, and a whoopie pie, then headed down towards...


Intercourse and The Old Country Store, where I purchased nothing.  Funny, I don't usually purchase much there.  It's to be noted, however, that they have lots and lots of solid colors, including numerous whites, which I haven't been finding elsewhere.

Other than slowdowns/stoppages near/at the intersection of 283 and 30, the ride home at rush house was not a problem at all.

Wish I'd taken more photos!

No comments: