Saturday, April 30, 2022

Birthdays...


Even though I swear that my birthday is meaningless and I don't want to celebrate in any way, I always look for special things to happen.  Sometimes they do and lots of times they don't.  But yesterday was a pretty cool, special day, all in all, and because I was looking forward to a late afternoon/early evening gathering with friends at a venue I'd never visited, it seemed like my actual birthDAY.

The day was gorgeous, a real spring day, culminating in the low 60s.  A stop at Gracefull Heart, where I bought myself a new jade-bead bracelet.  Then on to Verizon where I treated myself to a new glass screensaver for my phone - holy shmoley what a difference!  From there to Ashcombes, where I purchased a jade plant and had it potted.  (It wasn't until later that I realized I bought myself both a jade bracelet and a jade plant.  Weird.)

Because I was searching through my stash of cards for a birthday card for Bonnie I discovered a treasure trove of really cool cards I'd bought (and never sent) through the years.  I pulled out FOUR and wrote letters to four special people.  It felt so good!  I haven't actually written in handwriting with pen and ink that much in forever!  Sally, Andrew, Fran, and Heather!  And that really made me happy.  I even mailed them on my way to the Hook & Flask where I met up with Lani, Sandy, Micah, Bonnie, Devera, and Pat for a Pear vodka drink (yum, slurp, guzzle....), chicken wings, and onion rings.  

Such a fun day!

And then the actual day.....family!  Dinner at Carrabbas.  Delicious and oh-so-fun!  Grinned my way through it.  Photo above.

No comments: