Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August Goodreads Postcard & Question of the Month


Question: With the variety of eReaders, and the ability to read books on your phone, capturing quotes from your reading is easier than ever! That's what our writing topic is for our postcards this month...

How often do you mark quotes in the books you read? How do you handle this in dead-tree books -- do you underline? post-it notes? something else? Do you do anything with your quotes after you've finished the book? Ever go back to read old quotes? Do you have an all time favorite quote? How many quotes do you have from your current read?

My answer:
I don't very often take note of  quotes that I like because lately most of my reading has been done with audio books.  I do have a bit of a weird habit, though.  I have two favorite words that I keep track of every time I come upon one of them.  I notate the sentence and book title.  What are the words?  CACOPHONY and PARCHED.  I'm getting quite fond of FLUMMOXED, too, and am considering adding it to my repertoire.

No comments: