Saturday, July 3, 2021

July Goodreads Postcard & Question of the Month

 
Question:  I have a serious love of magazines, and I've recently subscribed to a new print mag, Scientific American. I enjoy all my subscriptions and I'm curious about what you read, beyond books!

Let's write about Other Reading on our postcards this month! Do you read blogs or listen to podcasts? What are your favorites? Read a local or national newspaper? Anyone else read magazines? How about favorite newsletters from the orgs you donate to! Tell us about your favorite stuff to read that isn't in a book!

 My Answer: 

I only subscribe to one magazine, called "Birds & Blooms."  Lots of great photos and info about what you might find in your yard, no matter the time of year.  I'm a school librarian, so I read lots of reviews and blogs that deal with kids' books and poetry.  No newspapers any more (and no tv, actually) it's too depressing!  I figure anything important will appear on Facebook, which I read daily to stay in touch with friends and family near and far.

No comments: