Wednesday, June 16, 2021

June GoodReads Postcard & Question of the Month

  
Question:  To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Rings, Pride and Prejudice, The Wizard of Oz, The Princess Bride, and Harry Potter... All started as books and were made into movies!

What was the last book you read that ended up as a movie? Book better or Movie better? Always read the book before the move?? (No way! I've not read The Princess Bride, yet! And The NeverEnding Story was my favorite movie for decades before I got around to reading the book. You?) What's your most anticipated / exciting book to movie? What book do you wish was a movie? What movie have you seen that you didn't know was a book?

My Answer:  My #2 favorite thing to do after reading is to see a movie on the "big screen."  I have decided to dispel any preconceptions and just enjoy the director's interpretation. Of course I end up with preferences - liked the Twilight movies, disliked the books - loved the Hunger Games books, not-so-much the movies -  love any interpretation of Harry Potter - and so on!

The cards I received:
2074.  GR PC June 2021
The book is ALWAYS better!  I haven't seen many books be successfully turned into movies.  And if I see the movie first, I have a hard time going back to read the book.  It's a weird thing for me.  Drives my reading friends crazy!  I'm trying to get Malibu (words obliterated by postal markings) read before the xxx starts on xxxx.  Jill

2072.  GR PC June, 2021
I just finished A Dog's Way Home by W. Bruce Cameron and last month read Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan.  I haven't seen the movies which is typical of me.  I generally think the book is better than the movie.  If I want to enjoy a movie, I try not to read the book first.  I have a friend who watches more movies than reads, so she has an opposite approach to movies/books.  Happy Reading - Jenny T.

No comments: