Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Few Recent Cool Postcards

1912.  Russia
Hello Chris!  Greetings from Russia!  My mom worked at the library when I was a kid and I spent there lots of time.  I love reading.  My friends and I are meeting from time to time to discuss books.  Best wishes, Nina

1911.  Sopot, Poland, on the Baltic Sea coast
Hello Chris!  I'm Natalia (33 y.o.) and I live with my husband and two lovely children (3 and 6 y.o.) in Sopot, a touristic city on the Baltic Sea coast.  Today here in Sopot is -6 degrees C (21 F) and it is snowing.  My children are going on a sled.  Wish you all the best in 2019!  Natalia

1910.  Hungarian Mailbox sent from GERMANY
"Red Postbox, Esztergom, Hungary"
Hello chris, a lot of greetings from frosty Berlin, we have -7 degrees C today.  And now a bit snow and I would be happy.  What subjects did you teach?  A job in a library sound really well.  I can imagine this for me also.  I wish you all the Best!  Yours, Anna

1908.  Hamburg, Germany
Hi Chris, the "Rote Flora" is a former theatre in the Sternschanze quarter in Hamburg.  It has been squatted since Nov. 1989 in response to a decision to turn it into a musical theatre.  It has served as a nexuc for radical and revolutionary culture.  Having survived multiple fires, plans by the city to demolish the entire structure, and frequent clashes with the police, Rote Flora, with its dilapidated, graffiti=covered facaed, has become a symbol of the radical left in Germany.
     So, this is not a typical tourist card from Hamburg...at least I hope so!
Best wishes, Sophia


1902.  New York State
"Old Museum Village, Smith's Clove: One Room Schoolhouse from Monroe 1805-1840"
Hi Chris!  Greetings from the southern tier of NY!  I grew up in southeastern PA (between VAlley Forge and Lancaster) and am jealous of your new digs!  PA is so lovely.  NY is pretty too, but not the same.  Hoping that you are well & happy postcrossing!  Suzanne & Charles


1901.  New Zealand
"Treasure Hunt" by Aimee Stewart

Dear Chris, One of my very favourite cards for you.  Stamps are pretty depressing, chosen as you are interested in history.  I love sugar skulls too, spent a year in Mexico, most magical year of my life.  Stole a Mexican too, married 11 years in September.  Lots of love to you, Lyn

No comments: