Wednesday, February 8, 2017

5. Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo

#1 Six of Crows
listened to on Audible
2015 Henry Holt
read 151 pgs. of 465 pgs.
YA Fantasy
DNF - dropped
Goodreads rating:  4.45
My rating: Couldn't get into it at all

First line/s:  "Joost had two problems, the moon, and his moustache."

My comments:  I only read about 35% of this book, but had to force myself to read it, then would put it down after about 10 minutes.  I thought  I liked fantasy, but I not only couldn't get into this book, I didn't like it. I've discovered that these fantasies with huge world-building aspects just aren't for me.  So I'm not going to rate it - that's not fair when I only read a third of the book, but I don't intend to read any more of it.

Goodreads synopsis:  Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist:
          Break into the notorious Ice Court (a military stronghold that has never been breached)
          Retrieve a hostage (who could unleash magical havoc on the world)
          Survive long enough to collect his reward (and spend it)
          Kaz needs a crew desperate enough to take on this suicide mission and dangerous enough to get the job done - and he knows exactly who: six of the deadliest outcasts the city has to offer. Together, they just might be unstoppable - if they don't kill each other first.

No comments: