Sunday, May 10, 2015

Letterboxing Attempt #3 - To No Avail

Yup, it was a bummer day letterboxing today, although I'm not too frustrated and I enjoyed both of my attempts. A great Mother's Day adventure, I guess!

The first was "Daisy Gordon: GS Series ," which took me to the Quincie Douglas Library in South Tucson.  It wasn't there.  The Bear Essentials container was completely empty, inside, out, and under.  However, I found a couple of good picture books that I haven't read, and loved looking around this lovely library.



The second, this time off River Road just west of Oracle, was at the Children's Memorial Park. I'm discovering that Tucson is FULL of small, lovely parks that are well kept and full of playgrounds and ball fields for the kids of Tucson.  This one was right on the River Bike Path and commorated children who died shortly after birth.


It took me a bit to figure out all the clues, but I know with 100% certainty that I found the right spot.  The only flagstone that I could see had been pulled away from an apparent empty hole.  I would have poked and prodded a little more, but it was under a mesquite tree and those long, sharp pricklers kept catching on my brand-new shirt....I was afraid I'd get a hole or a rip.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.

 The copse of rocks where this was located was pretty cool, and somewhat of a hideaway, on a short trail that joins River Road to the bike path along the wash.

Better luck next time!

No comments: