Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MOVIE - Iron Man 2

Can't even compare to Iron Man I
Released May 7, 2010
PG-13 (2:04)
May 25, 2010 at ElCon with Sheila
RT: 74% cag: 42%
Director: Jon Favreau (who also had an acting part)

Robert Downey, Jr., Mickey Rourke, Gwyneth Paltrow, Scarlett Johansson

Big name cast. Lots of action. Boring....and stupid. Nothing compared to Iron Man 1, which I loved. A huge disappointment. Mickey Rourke was great. Those are all the thoughts swirling through my mind at the end of this overly long movie. I couldn't wait to see this sequel, because I loved Iron Man 1. So I was completely let down.

Tony Stark is still rich, still brilliant, and even more cocky than he was previously. Only now he is dying because the implant that's keeping his heart going is poisoning his blood. So he starts taking stupid risks because, hey, he's going to die anyways, right? He makes his buddy Pepper (Paltrow) the CEO of Stark Industries and goofs off until he has a brainstorm and magically creates a previously unknown element that will save him. In the meantime, Mickey Rourke has created an even more powerful "suit", has a grudge against Iron Man, and is on a crusade to bring him down. Then there's a storyline with Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johanson....well, there are quite a few storylines. You can easily keep up and know what's going one, but....I didn't really care!

And, just like Iron Man 1, after you watch all the credits there's a little peek into what might come next.

I'm glad that since I took two hours of my time to watch this that I saw it on the big screen. I think it'll be lousy on a TV screen - at least on my tiny one. I love Robert Downey. And he (and his gorgeous suits) were wonderful to watch, as usual. So was Mickey Rourke. But the rest.....

No comments: