Sunday, October 4, 2009

63. Miss Daisy is Crazy! Dan Gutman

My Weird School SERIES #1
Illustrated by Jim Paillot
Harper Trophy, 2004
Funny - 2nd grade protagonist
ages 7-10, 700 Lexile, L

Miss Daisy, the second grade teacher, says she can't read, do math, or even know the presidents. (NOTE: She's a very wise teacher!!) She gets the school reading a million pages so they can "rent" the school for a night to play video games. She gets a famous football player to come to visit to prove that football players aren't "dumb." Funny and clever - loved it. (Bought it for Ashley, who's just started 2nd grade.)

12-29-2012 Ella and I just read this book together.  She read some, I read some.  She's in first grade.  She had to be told a little about some of the humor, but totally enjoyed it.  So did I!)

For a list of the books in the series, look here.

1 comment:

Dan Gutman said...

Thanks for your post. It’s always great to hear comments from readers and fans. If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to visit my Web site (www.dangutman.com) and become a Fan on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dan-Gutman/60020139122?ref=ts). There you can find out what I’m up to and find out about new books before they come out.
Cheers! Dan Gutman