Friday, February 10, 2012

11. Lean Mean Thirteen - Janet Evanovich

#13 in Stephanie Plum series
Audio read by Lorelie King
2007, Audio Renaissance
7 unabridged discs, 7 hours
$34.95 (I got through PBS)
310 pages
Liked it (3.5)

In this one, Stephanie ends up looking for her ex-husband, Dickie Orr, who has mysteriously disappeared....and she seems to be the only possible suspect. Then his business partners start dying, burned to a crisp or drowned. This one's got a little Morrelli and a lot of Ranger - the two of them pitching in to take care of poor little (stupid) Stephanie.

The books seem to be getting sillier and sillier. At first, as silly as they seemed, they were more plausible. And I think I'm getting really tired of Lula, though there were some points, as I was listening, that I laughed right out loud because something would really strike me funny. The story certainly passes the time on long drives, and is not at all difficult to listen to....not much thinking involved.

No comments: