Friday, May 30, 2014

Midnight Express - Melinda Leigh

Abandoned after about 80 pages
listened to on my phone through Audible
2012, Montlake Romance
306 pgs.
Adult Romance
DNF
Goodreads Rating:  3.82
My Rating: 1/Didn't Like it
Setting: Tiny Maine town, in the woods

My comments:  I was hoping this was more mystery than romance - I read it because its setting is a small town in Maine - but if the tall, handsome guy with the southern accent spoke about Jayne's eyes and hair one more time I was going to barf.  So when she was abducted by the unknown druid/ Celtic/ blood-loving bad guy, I decided I just couldn't make it through 7 more hours of listening.....

Goodreads Summary:  When two hikers disappear, their hometown in Maine blames the blinding storms. But the truth is far more sinister. Unaware of the danger, tabloid photographer Jayne Sullivan follows an anonymous tip to find the most reclusive sculptor in the art world. Instead, she finds sexy handyman Reed Kimball—and a small town full of fatal secrets.

No comments: