Sunday, January 31, 2021

Postcards Received from Maine

 
1806.  Lighthouses of Mount Desert Island, Maine
Bass Harbor Light, Egg Rock Light, Mt. Desert Rock Light, Baker Island Light, Bear Island Light
Welcome to the spring season and the school year is at 50 days.  We had 2-3 inches of snow yesterday with a 1-hour delay.  Cooler weather is predicted for this week.  What is this crap anyway?  I am ready to get my ragtop on the road.  Brian Cote's little girl is too cute to believe.  Arts week was a success.  I worked with Dan Falt.  Enjoy every day.  Steve. D. 1 April 2003

1802.  Freeport, Maine
The L. L. Bean Flagship Store in Freeport, Maine
6 July 2017
Dear Nan,  I have done a lot of kayaking in the ocean right by the house we're renting.  I am having loads of fun with the Graves!  It feels amazing in Maine!  

1239.  Mount Katahdin, Autumn, No. 2, 1939 - 40
Marsden Hartley (1877 - 1943)
Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC
huge/oversized card, sent from New York
Dear Chris,  I was born and raised in Waterville Maine and moved to New York City in 1974 for a career in fashion design.  I thought you might enjoy this view of Mt. Katahdin painted by a Maine artist whose style I love very much, especially his clouds.  Sincerely, Nanette

No comments: