Sunday, January 31, 2021

Postcards of Books in Particular

3001.  GR PC May 2023
Trenton, NJ 
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, 1813
This is a really hard topic. (Favorite protagonast)  I have many favorite characters but the ones who come to mind are strong female characters like Anne Shirley (Green gables) Meg Murry (Wrinkle in Time + Hermione from Harry Potter.  The latter two being science minded like me.  For swoon worthy, Gabriel Oak from Far From the Madding Crowd.  Sigh.  I loved him.  And for nonhumans Iorek Byrnison - the armored bear from Golden Compass.  I want an armored bear!  Happy Reading, Amy.

863.  Philippines
Alice in Wonderland, 1951 Concept Art by Mary Blair

 
835.  Hello from New Mexico!  
I hope this card finds you happy and healthy.  Megan

828. Greetings, Neighbor!
Alice in Wonderland by C. S. Lewis
(card postmarked Philadelphia)
Your dream job sounds a lot like my dream job.  I spent my teenage years as a library aide and would love to return to the world of books.  Hope you enjoy this card from one of my favorites.  Curiouser and curiouser!  Terri G.  July 22, 2017

782.  Wuppurtal, Germany
Tomi Ungerer, Book Cover for Joan Aiken's Die Kristallkrahe (The Crystal Crow)
Hi chris, My name is Lothar and I'm from Wuppurtal, a town of 350,000.  It's situated in a green area with several artificial lakes and well know for the unique suspension railway.  Best wishes, Hepman

537.  "have a Coke and a smile" 
Cologne, MN
(I looked this book up - I'd never heard of it, bad me... First published in 1945, it won an Edgar for best first novel in 1946 and is considered a "classic of crime fiction."  It's a 70-year-old mytery novel...looks like I'm going to have to at least research it more, if not attempt to find it and read it....)
Hi Chris!  My name is JOAN.  I'm writing from Cologne, MN.  I was going to get a box from a 12 pk of Diet Coke and cut it into a postcard but I'm not sure how soon I would get to the store.  Joan

522.  The First meeting of Jane Eyre and Rochester by Thomas Davidson
Bronte Parsonage Museum, Haworth
Dear Chris,
Greetings from Edinburgh, Scotland.  I hope you like my choice of postcard.  As a reader, I'm sure Jane Eyre is known to you.  Lovely story.  Edinburgh Book Festival is on at the mment, part of the yearly celebrations.  Best wishes, Pat

441.  Charleston, South Carolina
She used these awesome stamps to mail
Hello from North Carolina.  I hope these doorways from Charleston, SC are of interest to you.  I'm a native of NC, mom to 5 children, ages 29 down to 9 years old.  We also love spoiling our 2 dogs and two cats.  I love reading, paper art, and hanging out at home in comfy (cool) clothes.  Have a great summer - Sherri July 1, 2016

437.  Winnie the Pooh
Hi Chris, This is my record card for you.  The first  I wrote for my grandma.  She liked to get postcards from all over the world.  This is the card of my account.  Have a nice Day.  Best wishes.

No comments: