Sunday, January 31, 2021

Postcards Received from Cape Town, South Africa

 
376.  Cape Town, South Africa
20/5/2016
Hi Chris,
I thought that this card will fit your profile perfectly!  I took this photo a while ago.  My husband is a self-confessed coke-aholic!  I live and work outside the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa.  You can drive one hour into any direction from the CBD and you are guaranteed to find magic in the countryside.  Charming towns, vineyards, scenic mountains and beaches.
Greetings, Magaretha
296.  Cape Nature, South Africa
Monday, 4 April 2016
Temp 30 degrees C.
Dear Chris,
My name is Sonette and I live in a small town, Ifafi, in the north west of South Africa.  I love nature, reading, photography and cross stitching.  My home language is Afrikaans.  It is similar to Dutch.  A few words in my language:  "Lekker" = nice; "Pragtig" = beautiful; 'Vrede" = peace.  I hope you enjoy the postcard.  It is taken in a reserve called "The Hell" because it is so remote!
Warm regards, Sonette.

No comments: