Monday, July 3, 2017

MOVIE - Baby Driver

(R) 1:53
Wide/Limited release
Viewed Monday, 7/3/17 after work
IMBd: 8.4/10
RT Critic:  98  Audience:  91
Critic's Consensus:  Stylish, exciting, and fueled by a killer soundtrack, Baby Driver hits the road and it's gone -- proving fast-paced action movies can be smartly written without sacrificing thrills.
Cag:  4.5 Liked it a whole lot
Directed by Edgar Wright
Sony Pictures

Jamie Foxx, Jon Hamm, Kevin Spacey, Ansel Elgort

My comments:  I knew nothing about this movie before I went other than hearing people say that it was surprisingly good.  And it was.  There were a few places I had to roll my eyes a bit, but I think it was probably made purposely that way.  Most of it was actually a lot of fun to watch and to think about.  Jamie Foxx and Jon Hamm playing bad, bad guys was worth it by itself!  And the young man, Ansel Elgort, who played the part of Baby was just terrific.  Yes, I've got to say I liked this movie a lot.  Great acting, great music, interesting storyline, adorable love story - recommended highly.

RT/ IMDb Summary:  A talented, young getaway driver relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. When he meets the girl of his dreams, Baby sees a chance to ditch his criminal life and make a clean getaway. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom.

No comments: