Monday, December 6, 2010

Off the Shelf Challenge 2011

I've got to do this one....I've got to read some of the books sitting around my house...in piles on the floor, beside the bed, on the many bookshelves....waiting to be read! My list is long, and I'm anxious to read them all, but there's always a new one calling my name. So let me try to deplete at least a few of the books on my book shelves. (If only I didn't love the library and bookstores so much! !)


How do you choose which book to read next? I've got it! I will put the name of each of the following into a "hat." I'll pull the name and that'll be the one I read. How's that sound? Adventurous? Stupid?

This one comes from Bookish Ardour's Reading Challenges.

Off The Shelf Challenge is a reading challenge that requires you to only read books that you already own at the start of the challenge. You can't add books to your list that you buy between the starting and ending dates of the challenge. I plan to do this challenge every year. Each year I will try and do a different level of the challenge. The levels go as follows:

Tempted - Choose 5 books to read
Trying - Choose 15 books to read
Making A Dint - Choose 30 books to read
On A Roll - Choose 50 books to read
Flying Off - Choose 75 books to read
And for the more avid readers:

Hoarder - Choose 76-125 books to read
Buried - Choose 126-200 books to read

I'm going to have to tweak some of the rules, 'cause there's NO WAY that I will be reading only these book. Wouldn't even want to.

There are actually 95 books/authors on my list. That makes he a hoarder. Ha! That's only the tip of the iceberg.....

I'll probably end up being Tempted, but Trying or even Making a Dint (isn't that supposed to be DENT?) would be mucho better.

My Very Own 2011 TBR List

(My MYSTERY shelves are the most full, with many titles for each author. Therefore I’m just going to include the author’s name, that way I can find the next one in a series in line to read OR another series by that author. Makes sense to me! )

Andrews, Sarah
Beaton, M. C.
Bloom (Morticians’ Daughter)
Boyle, Gerry
Brokaw, Charles
Browning, Sinclair
Burke, Jan
Child, Lee (Gone Tomorrow)
Christie, Pamela
Coben, Harlan
Coel, Margaret
Cole, David
Connelly, Michael
Connor, Beverly
Coulter, Catherine
Crais, Robert
Crider, Bill (Of All Sad Words)
Dunning, John
Fairstein, Linda
Fielding, Joy
Fowler, Earlene
Fox, Kathryn
Francis, Dick
French (In the Woods)
Gagnon, Michelle
Gardiner, Lisa
Graham, Heather
Graves, Sara
Greenlaw (Fisherman’s Bend)
Gregory & Tintori (Book of Names)
Gruley (Starvation Lake)
Gunn, Elizabeth
Guilford (The Thousand)
Handler, (The Cold Blue Blood)
Hewson, David
Hoag, Tami
Isaacs, Susan
Jackson, Lisa
Johnson (The Cold Dish)
Konrath
Lewis, Elizabeth Bruen
Lowell, Elizabeth
Lutz (The Spellman Files)
MacInerny (Murder on the Rocks)
McGarrity, Michael
Miller, Susan Cummins
Mina, Denise
Mosse, Kate (Labyrinth)
O’Connell
O’Shaughnessy
Parker, Barbara
Perry, Thomas
Reichs, Kathy
Riordan, Rick
Rollins, James
Sandford, John
Satterthwaite, Walter
Scottolini, Lisa
Sefton, Maggie
Silva, Daniel
Spencer-Fleming, Julia
Steifel, Vicki
Talton, Jon
Tapply, Willima G.
Thornton, Betsy
Thurlo, Aimee & David
Wait, Lea
Webb, Betty
Wilhelm
Willig
Winspear
Winthrop (Island Justice)
Zafon, Carlos Ruiz (Shadow of the Wind)

Other Adult Fiction

Atkinson, Kate
Backer (American Fuji)
Barry (Map of True Places)
Binchy (Nights of Rain and Stars)
Chevalier (Virgin Blue)
King (Dust of 100 Dogs)
Kingsolver, Barbara (The Lacuna)
Kostova (Swan Thieves)
Letts, Billie
Morgenroth (They Did It with Love)
Stockett (The Help)
Strout, Elizabeth (Olive Kittredge)

Nonfiction, heaven help me!
Moretnesen (Three Cups of Tea)

Young Adult and Kid’s

Antieau (Broken Moon)
Barnhouse (Book of the Maidservant)
De la Cruz (Keys to the Repository)
Greene (Chasing the Jaguar)
Les Becquets (Season of Ice) Maine
Pelligrino (Journey of Dreams)
Schmidt, Gary (Trouble, Wednesday Wars)
St. John (White Giraffe)
Werlen (Impossible)
Wittlinger (This Means War)

Cathy’s Key


No comments: