Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Adult Book Group

The first time we gathered was in September, 2003, and strong friendships have been made and/or strengthened. I look forward to the second Monday of the month wtih great anticipation. We met last Monday at Connie's (my wonderful friend-whose-roots-are-also-in-Maine, yeeha) and came up with our list for this year:

10/20/08: When You Are Engulfed in Flames, David Sedaris
11/10/08: Little Brother, Cory Doctorow
12/1/08: any Sherman Alexie title
1/12/09: Snow, Orhan Pamuk
2/9/09: People of the Book, Geraldine Brooks
3/9/09: Maus I & II, Art Spigelman (or chose your won graphic novel)
4/6/09: any John McPhee title
5/11/09: Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortensen & David Oliver Relin

Only a few non-fictions, I breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to these monthly meetings. We should really come out with a name for ourselves.

No comments: