Sunday, February 4, 2018

Very Cool Postcards that Don't Seem to Fit in any of My Categories

1956.  Holland
Greetings, happy Postcrossing and Have a Nice Day.

837.  Brandenburg Gate, Berlin
Pariser Platz/Brandenburger Tor 1945
Hi Chris, My name is Linda, I'm 18 years old & I live in Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany.  As you can most likely tell, I visited Berlin recently  and of course I had to stop by Brandenburg Gate again.  No matter how many times I stand in front of it and gaze up at the Quidriga (statue of the victory goddess in a chariot with four horses) I'm never left unimpressed.  But that goes for Berlin in general.  The entire city breathes freedom & willpower.  Especially thanks to WWII which left Berlin in ruins so disheartening that nobody believed it could be rebuilt, and thanks to the Cold War which tore the city in half.  But after all that, the city still lives.  And how it lives!  I cannot put into words the pool of emotions I dive into every time I'm in Berlin.  Come here and see for yourself!  I wish you all teh good thing in this life!  Linda
P. S. I'll start studying library science in October  25.7.2017


749.  Rhode Island
Hi Chris!  My name is Aisha.  Some things I really enjoy are:  reading, vintage items, drawing, collecting postcards, playing sports.  I hope you are having a great day!  Here in Rhode Island the weather is quite nice.

No comments: