Sunday, January 14, 2018

Postcards That Depict Old Ladies in Some Way

2120.  Germany
Viele Grupe aus Tnier, der altestem Staal & Duetshlands!
Many greetings from Tnier, Germany's oldest town!
Hallo chris!  Our city's landmark is the Porta Nigra, our Roman city gate (170 AD.).  Archaeologists are very happy with the Roman things and finds in the ground here.  Best wishes to you in the USA!  Stay safe & healthy.  20 June 2021

2081.  Inge Look sent from Germany
Hello my name is Maken.  I like to hear music from Heiko Brauning and David Plum.  Please stay healthy.  Maken

2080.  Virginia
"The Critic" New York 1943 photograph by Weegee (Arthur Fellig)
I picked this card because you asked for old ladies, but age is relative.  You might not think these women are old.  I live in SE VA, near the border with NC.  We have great beaches in VA Beach and on the Outer Banks of NC (OBX).  I have a vegetable garden and a pet cat.  I also like to read books. June 11, 2021

2039.  Greetings from Vancouver, British Columbia
My first job was as a page in the city library.  I absolutely loved it!  I got to decorate the children's reading area, look at neat books as I put them away, and my friends could always visit.  I hope that you like this card.  Happy Spring!

1983.  Germany/Allemagne/Deutschland
Hello Chris, many greetings from Berlin.  I am also a teacher (for maths and physics) working with kids aged 12 - 21 from over 30 nations all around the world.  This is a big challenge but it also means lots of fun and it is never boring.  We learn a lot from each other.  Have a great time. 4-9-17

1958.  Bremen, GERMANY
Hello Chris, Hope you and your family are doing well.  I live here in Bremen in a house with a large garden and a large pond where sturgeon swim.  I've (can't read the writing here)...up to Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland.  Since 1985 worked as a fitter in different countries, Algeria, Israel, Norway, and Austria.  Now just in Germany.  Since 2016 pensioner.  Love to travel with my wife.  We love Paris and Gdansk.  All love from Bremen, Bernd


1944.  Minden, Germany
Postcard:  Inge Look/29
I love sending off the old ladies postcards.  They always make me smile.  Maybe I should start collecting them, too!  Spring is just around the corner and I can't wait for it to be warm again!  All the best, take care, Ute

1943.  Emmen, the Netherlands
Inge Look #36
Hi, I'm from Emmen, in the north-east of Holland.  Hope this card may bring a smile on your face.  It always happens to me...so funny!  Best wishes and enjoy Easter!  Gea


1941.  Jacksonville, Florida
Ralston, NB:  92-year-old Grandma Hayes attributes her long life and good health to the fact that five pipefuls of tobacco are daily smoked by her!"  1925
Hello Chris, My name is Casey and I live in Jacksonville, FL.  I work as a tugboat captain along the Atlantic Coast.  Peace.

1266.  "teatime with bird" from Getty Images
Received in a Swap from Pensylvania
Two good movies Postcard Swap:
Hello!  The two most recent ovies I saw were Coco & Black Panther.  I though both were amazing.  I cried hard in Coco - of course, Pixar always does that to me!  Black Panther is definitely one of the best Marvel movies, everybody was great in it.  Choneface

1261.  Greetings from Germany
Translation from Front:  Birthdays are good for your health.  The more you get, the older you get.  
In my spare time I like to take pictures.  I live with my family in an old town between Berlin and Leipzig.

1241.  Tainan, TAIWAN
Hello!  Today is the Spring Festival.  It's important Chinese celebrated on the 15th day of the first month in lunisolar calendar.  We'll eat Tanhyuan tonight.  That is glutinous rice flour mixed with a small amount of water to form balls.  Spring is coming...Happy!  Good Luck!  Passme

1220.  Russia
Hello Chris!  In Russia soon will be a holiday - Maslenitsa, is folk holiday, celebrated during the eighth week before Eastern Orthodox Pascha (Easter).  In Slavic mythology, Maslenitsa is a sun festival, personified by the ancient god Volos, and a celebration of the imminent end of the winter.  The main dish of the holiday is pancakes.  As the culmination of the celebration, people make an effigy of the Maslenitsa (straw) and burn her at the stake.  February, 2018

1213.  Lesor Hilltribe, Northern Thailand
10 February, 2018
Hello Chris, I send you a very warm greetings from Thailand.  It is winter here now but the weather is quite hot.  Today is +32 degrees C!  The Lesor (or Lisu) people are believed to originate from Tibet.  They can be found all over southeast Asia although it is only Thailand and Burma where traditional dress is very colorful.  Weena

1195.
see 1#875 below

1160.  tea und fun, Netherlands
Groningen
Hello Chris.  I am Hemmo.  Just retired from Special Education.  .....Groningen is a beautiful old city.  Nice to live in.  Now I am sitting in my favorite pub to write this card.  Hope you like it.  Postcrossing is a very nice hobby.  Wish you all the best this New Year.

1127.  "Never Too Old to Play"
Hello Chris!  I'm Daniela and live near Munich.  I hope you enjoy the old ladies on the postcard.  As I work as an accountant and the year end is the busiest time, I have to work these days.  But I enjoy the silence in the office.  Wishing you a happy new year!  

875.  The Netherlands
I hope you like this funny card as much as I did.  Mirjam

also 1995.
"Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive." ~Elbert Hubbard
"To succeed in life, you need three things:  a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone." ~Reba McEntire

802.  Kouvola, FINLAND
Ingle Look card !!
I'm Kati and live in Kouvola City, Finland.  Happy Postcrossing!

672.  Inge Look card
mailed from Germany
Hello Chris,  Before I started with Postcrossing I never heard about Inge Look, but I am a big fan now!  I hope you enjoy this card.  In Bremen where I live we are a little bit away from winter - thank goodness!  Our sons look forward to Christmas.  Happy Postcrossing, Steffi

627.  Inge Look (Finnish artist) - sent from GERMANY
Hope you like this card.  Life in ......(I can't understand what she's written here)..I have 2 grandchildren.  Angelika

512.  Hanko, FINLAND
Inge Look!!!
Hello Chris!  My name is Ulrika, I am 47 years old.  I live in the sourthern most town of Finland: Hanko.  It is a small town but we have 30 km of beaches over here.  Have a wonderful day! Ulrika


No comments: