Tuesday, January 16, 2018

PICTURE BOOK - After the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again by Dan Santat

Illustrated by the author
2017, Roaring Brook Press
$17.99 HC
32 pgs.
Goodreads rating: 4.52
My rating:  4
Endpapers: Morning view/evening view from the top of the wall

1st line/s:"My name is Humpty Dumpty.
This was my favorite spot, high up on the wall.  I know, it's an odd place for an egg to be., but I loved being close to the birds."

My comments:  Limping around after his horrific fall, Humpty Dumpty has become anxious and especially afraid of heights.  But he overcomes his fears and the climax is even better than he ever imagined.  Great illustrations, and a wonderful moral-based story.

Goodreads:  Everyone knows that when Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. But what happened after?
          Follow Humpty Dumpty, an avid bird watcher whose favorite place to be is high up on the city wall―that is, until after his famous fall. Now terrified of heights, Humpty can longer do many of the things he loves most.
          Will he summon the courage to face his fear?

No comments: