Sunday, January 31, 2016

Let's Use Up All Those Scrappy Strips!

Yup, decided to start a scrappy strip quilt.  I've got a huge basket of them.  I'm pulling out little strings and kids' fabrics to save for baskets and a baby strip quilt and chucking anything that is just too teeny tiny.  I've got to stop saving every little scrap!

I've decided on a couple of things:
8/5 inch blocks: I can use my leftover 8.5 x 11 printed-on-one-side scrap paper to make the foundation pies.  Easy peasy.

Center strip of a white (any white) 2-inches wide so that some sort of design will play out when I start putting the quilt together.

Size?  Not too big - must decide who this is being made for!  But it's fun and easy.


I have the iron on a towel to the right of my machine so that I can iron each piece as I add it, with my iPod reading me a book (The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths right now) I can make one or two before getting bored and going on to something else.

Number of squares made yesterday and today:  6

No comments: