Friday, June 12, 2009

MOVIE - My Life in Ruins

A waste of time
PG-13
Released Jne, 2009 (Last week -it won't be in the big theaters long)
RT: !3% (Guess I should have paid better attention to this rating)
cag: 25%
Richard Dreyfuss
Director; Donald Petrie

I needed to be "taken away" for an hour or two, but I almost walked out of this one after the first 20 minutes. The woman who wrote and starred in My Big Fat Greek Wedding starred in this. She cannot act, or overacts, or does something that really did NOT connect with me. Her lipstick was too red and she was always too well put together. She was snotty, uptight, and above everyone, and then Richard Dreyfuss helped her make a total turnaround in about two hours. "Georgia" became hip and "with it" and fun and even funny in the snap of the fingers. Give me a break! Every single character was a stereotype - and not a good one. Bad acting, bad writing, Blech! It's not even entertaining, it's just boring. Okay, during the last half when some of the quirkly (of course) people on her tour started endearing themselves to me I wasn't complete loathing it, but.....

No comments: