Monday, March 16, 2009

The Bill Martin Jr. Big Book of Poetry

Editor: Bill Martin Jr.
Illustrators: Ashley Bryan, Aliki, Robert Quakenbush, Lois Ehlert, Stephen Kellogg, Chris Raschka, Henry Cole, Paul Meisel, Nancy Tafuri, Derek Anderson, Laura Logan
Published: 2008
Rating: 5
Endpapers: Bright Aqua
$21.00

The first two page spread is "Something Told the Wild Geese" by Rachel Field and illustrated by Ashley Bryan. You just can't beat that for your first eyefull!

A classic anthology of some of my favorite poems and poets, this incredible volume has 200+ great poems by leading children's poets AND illustrators from the very top of the field of children's literature. It inclues the illustrations of Ashley Bryan ( ! ! !) and an illustrator that I'm going to have to research a bit, she's new to me and I really enjoyed her work in this anthology, Laura Logan.

Then next 30% off coupon and I buy this!

No comments: