Thursday, December 28, 2017

Postcards of Animals of the Wild Variety

2054.  Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I am sorry this is a generic letter, but time means I must!  I live in Brisbane, QLD, Australis.  It is a sub-tropical city with rainforest covered mountains to our west and the ocean to our east.  It is very multicultural with people of all nations making their home here, so we have great dining opportunities and many festivals to join in with throughout the year.  It is warm here generally with temperatures from 35 degrees C in summer to around maybe 10 in winter.  It is very liveable, but often very humid in summer with damaging storms and cyclones possible.  I enjoy reading, camping, spending time with family, friends and my animals (2 dogs, 2 rainbow lorikeets and 4 chickens).  I am currently reading the Robert Galbraith series and am on book 4, "Lethal White."  I am enjoying the series a lot.  I work with special needs teenagers at a local high school, I have been there for 12 years and am now looking for a career change!  I hope this card finds you and your family all well and COVID safe.  Take care, Maree.

1194.  Malaysia
An Orang Utan, means "person of the forest."  These long-haired, orangish primates are highly intelligent and are close relatives of humans.
Hello, A simple hello could lead to a million things.  Wish you luck and may all your dreams come true. Remember, we grow great by dreaming.

1125.  Brunei
 Hi Chris, I'm hoping probiscus monkeys hanging out on a tree branch, looking down as if they're posing for a "candid" shot is quirky enough!  
Brunei is 70% covered with rainforest.  Our population is small - around 400,000, and that's including foreigners.  If you're a fan of mosquitoes, please do come to Brunei!  Take care, Nisa Said

674.  East Germany
Hello Chris, My name is Sylvie.  I'm 34 years old and I live with my husband and little son in East Germany.  I love to travel, too, and to explore new countries with their cultures and religions.  I've just started with Postcrossing one month ago.  I heard about it from a friend of mine.

644.  Russia: Lynx on the Tree
My name is Anna.  I'm 16.  I live in a small town near Moscow which is called Ivante-euka.  I hope you will like this Lynx card.  Greetings, Anna

639.  Malaysia
Dear Chris, greetings from Malaysia!  So sorry to send you this PC which you unlike, but it was so adorable, right?  All the best, Onh See Min

567.  FINLAND
Hello Chris,
About 1500 this kind of bears live in our forests.  I hope I don't meet one when I go to pick lingonberries.  I work in home care as a nurse.  Mostly take blook samples from elderly people who can't go to the lab.
All the best, Marja-Leena

528.  Geo Photo from GERMANY
Hi Chris,
My name is Susanne and I love all kinds of wildlife.  I like watching birds or even ants.  Buytterflies and dragonflies are so fascinating.  Of course,  cheetahs are pretty powerful, fast, strong, yet I find them very graceful, too.  I wish you a smooth transition to Pennsylvania.  I hope you can enjoy every day of your free time!  Best wishes, Susanne

417.  The Squirrel by photographer Sergey Belkin
My name is Nastya, I'm 25.  I live in the south of Russia, at the foot of the (???) Mountains.  In my window at work I can see Elbmus - the highest mountain in Europe.  13.05.2016
338.  Kang Xinyu - Tree
2015.6.8
(There was no number on this card so it could not be registered, but it looks like it comes from last June or August - although the postmark looks like 2016 03 01)
Hello Chris, I'm a university student living in China.  This is the phot I pictured in my hometown.  My hometown is a peaceful place living with many panda.  It is such a great place for me.  Hope you will like it.  Yours, Tree

336.  Miyajima Public Aquarium, Japan
Greetings from Hiroshima, Japan.  Hope you like this card.  Happy Postcrossing!  Michiko

324.  Chamois in Germany
08.05.16
Hi boys and girls,  In the sout of Germany in the gib mountains there are many of these typical animals called chamois.  Do you have them in the United States, too?  Wishing you all the best, Martina

299. Think Skink
Ontario, Canada
Common Five-lined skinks have the ability to "drop" their tails if grasped in order to escape.  The moving tail gragment will distract the predator while the skink escapes.  The missing tail with grow back over time, but will not be the same colour or length as before.  The Common Five-lined Skink is Ontario's ONLY lizard and they are a species at risk. 
Hello!  I love telling people about Canada.  I hope that some day you can visit the "Great White North".  I love camping at Pinery Park!
31% of Canada is forest...
Canada has more lakes than all other countries combined!
and...
20% of the world's fresh water is in Canada.


No comments: