Sunday, January 11, 2015

I've Been Cooking - Oven-Baked Cabbage Slices

Oven-Baked Cabbage Slices (with BACON!!)

1 head cabbage
6 slices of bacon
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350.
Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and give it a quick spray.
Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch slices and place on the sheet, close together.
Season with salt & pepper.
Top with sliced bacon.
Let it hand out in the oven for about 45 minutes.

Don't precook the bacon.  As it cooks, it releases all its yummy flavor into the cabbage.
This is incredibly delicious.
And, if you don't want to use bacon, I'm sure spraying the top of the cabbage and baking will still make it come out great!

I love cabbage...and I love bacon.

Addendum 1/18/15 Didn't want to buy a whole pound of bacon....so I bought a package of Smoked Turkey kielbasa and placed it on top of the cabbage.....what a great meal!

No comments: