Sunday, September 21, 2014

MOVIE - The Maze Runner

PG-13 (1:54)
Wide release 9/19/2014
Viewed 9/21/14 at Park Place
RT Critic: 63  Audience: 81
Cag:  3/I liked it
Directed by Wes Ball
20th Century Fox
From the book by James Dasher.  See my review here.

Dylan O'Brien, Thomas Sangster, Will Poulter

My comments:  I read the book when it first came out - about five years ago.  I thought I remembered a lot of it, but watching the movie was almost (but not quite) like I'd never read it.  I don't know if that's good or bad.  I was entertained by the film, that's for sure, and will definitely go to see the sequel, apparently coming out next year.

RT Summary:  When Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mysterious organization known as W.C.K.D. Only by piecing together fragments of his past with clues he discovers in the maze can Thomas hope to uncover his true purpose and a way to escape. Based upon the best-selling novel by James Dashner

No comments: