Saturday, September 8, 2012

Little Owl's Night - Divya Srinivasan

Illustrated by the author
2011, Viking
HC $16.99
Goodreads rating:  3.77
My rating:  5 - I really loved it
32 pages

Endpapers:  Both are different - FRONT:  raccoon and squirrel in tree, huge black sky, BACK: raccoon sleeping and squirrel gathering acorns, both at the base of the tree, daytime.
1st Line/s (Actually, 1st three double-page spreads):  "Little Owl was having a wonderful night./He watched the funny possum family waddle along in a neat row./By the river, beavers gnawed at trees.  turtle hid in her shell as fireflies danced all around."
Illustrations:  Dark black sky - paper cuts and paint? - hard to say.  I really love 'em...it was the cover illustration that forced me to pick ut up in the first place.
Illustrator:  www.pupae.com . This is her first book.  She loves nighttime and lives in Austin, Texas.

I was just going o take a quick flip through this book to peek at it, but slowed down to admire the illustrations.  Then I went back to read it and discovered some beautiful language.  Font is white on black (which I love).


No comments: