Tuesday, September 25, 2012

53. The Day Before - Lisa Schroeder

2011, Simon Pulse
Goodreads rating: 4.00
cag: 4
for: YA
309 pages
paper $9,99

Setting:  Contemporary Oregon coast
First line/s:  Some mornings,/it's hard to get/out of bed.

Written in verse, the story pulls you right in and along. Easy-to-read in one two-hour sitting, leaves a lot to think about. Two young people head to the beach for one last day before some pretty major events will change their lives forever. Very likable teens, Cade and Amber.  They meet when their eyes meet at the jellyfish tank at the aquarium.


Beautiful writing:


I like


the memories

because they remind me
I haven't always been
this girl,
constantly
mad or scared
or confused.

I don't like


the memories

because the tears
come easily,
and once again I break
my promise 
to myself for this day.

It's a constant battle.

No comments: