Sunday, January 2, 2011

1. Bloody Mary - J. A. Konrath

#2 Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels series
Audio read by Susie Breck & Dick Hill
Brilliance Audio, 2005
7 unabridged cds
7 hrs, $29.95
(HC 320 pgs.)
Rating: 2

Very grizzly...almost upsettingly so, I literally cringed at some of the descriptions. And also quite funny in some places. They didn't really seem to work together for me. I read the first- Whiskey Sour - and didn't really care for the protagonist. And I didn't like her any more in this installment. So kick me if I decide to read another.

One of Lt. Daniels' coworkers is a cruel serial killer and he has decided that Jack is his ultimate target. In the meantime, he kills randomly, going somewhat crazy, and dismembering his female victims. When he is caught it is discovered that he has a tumor and it is blamed on all his previous vicious behavior. He fakes amnesia and is set free...free to stalk Jack and kill even more. Her mother is one of the next victims, but she's still somewhat alive when the story ends.

No comments: