Saturday, September 9, 2017

PICTURE BOOK - Infinity and Me by Kate Hosford

Illustrated by Gabi Swiatkowska
2012, Carolrhoda Books, Minneapolis (a division of Lerner Books)
32 pgs.
Goodreads rating: 3.99 - 814 rtings
My rating: 4
Endpapers endless numbers black on gray

1st line/s:  "The night I got my new red shoes, I couldn't wait to wear them to school."

My comments:  Infinity has always been a tough concept for me to wrap my mind around.  In this book, a little girl inquires of different people what they think of when they think of infinity.  The illustrations are really interesting and different.  I'm planning to use this book as the perfect  introduction to a quick program for kids that's an inquiry about infinity.


Goodreads:   When I looked up, I shivered. How many stars were in the sky? A million? A billion? Maybe the number was as big as infinity. I started to feel very, very small. How could I even think about something as big as infinity? Uma can't help feeling small when she peers up at the night sky. She begins to wonder about infinity. Is infinity a number that grows forever? Is it an endless racetrack? Could infinity be in an ice cream cone? Uma soon finds that the ways to think about this big idea may just be . . . infinite.

No comments: