Monday, January 9, 2017
3. Piper Green and the Fairy Tree by Ellen Potter
Although this sounds like a fantasy, it is NOT!
2015, Alfred A. Knopf
First chapter books, CRF
Finished 1-9-16, read at work during down time
Goodreads rating: 4.13 - 359 ratings
My rating: 5
Setting: Contemporary Island off the coast of Maine
First line/s: "There are two things you should know about Peek-a-Boo Island: 1. All the kids on the island ride a lobster boat to school.
2. There is a Fairy Tree in my front yard."
Goodreads synopsis: From award-winning author Ellen Potter comes a charming new chapter book series where kids, lobster boats, and a hint of magic are part of everyday life.
There are three things you should know about Piper Green:
1. She always says what’s on her mind (even when she probably shouldn’t).
2. She rides a lobster boat to school.
3. There is a Fairy Tree in her front yard.
Life on an island in Maine is always interesting. But when a new teacher starts at Piper’s school—and doesn’t appreciate the special, um, accessory that Piper has decided to wear—there may be trouble on the horizon. Then Piper discovers the Fairy Tree in her front yard. Is the Fairy Tree really magic? And can it fix Piper’s problems?