Thursday, April 30, 2015

Letterboxing #2 - My First Try in Tucson

Sunday, 4/17/15
Irish Bell
Tucson, Arizona

Gorgeous spring day, high 70's and super sunny, I headed down Pantano to Michael Perry Park - a small playground, a fenced baseball field, rest rooms, and access to the Pantano Wash bicycle/walking  path.  But it was on a short gravel path just beside the paved bike path where, under a pile of rocks at the base of some shrubs I found "Irish Bell."  Good directions other than one small glitch - the gate to go through is on the WEST side of the parking lot, not the east side as the directions claimed.  Took a few minutes to figure it out and try it anyways...so glad I did!
I settled down cross-legged, partially shaded by a different shrub, and stamped my book with the hand-carved Irish bell stamp and stamped their little book with my tree.  I've put all my stuff - and a bottle of water, into my black hiking bag and it worked out perfectly.  I plan to leave this in my car so that I'll always have it with me!
aa
I like that it was a short walk - only a little over 1300 steps - and that I actually found it!  The exposure to the sun was a bit difficult, so I'm thinking that now that summer's upon us, much Tucson trekking will kill me - if the snakes and scorpions and other various critters don't.  But I hope to try one or two more huntes before I leave for the summer!

No comments: