Tuesday, April 21, 2015

$14 to 14 Charities

Facebook post on March 26, 2015

I cannot believe it's been 14 years since I lost my husband and Brian and Laura lost their dad. The anniversary of the day he died is a tough day for us, but it is definitely a time to remember him - to celebrate his life, his energy, and his legacy. I wanted to do something a little different and special to honor him today, so I sat down and wrote 14 checks for $14 each to 14 different charities that he would've approved of, in his memory. If anyone would like to join me and donate $14 to the charity of their choice in his memory, I would be truly grateful. I'd love it if you'd let me know so that I can create some sort of memorial. 14 years ago I promised him he would not be forgotten. He hasn't been. And he won't be. (And thanks so much for reading this to the end.)



Here's where I gave:

Northeast Harbor Library - website
Camp Beech Cliff - website
UCC - Northeast Harbor, ME - website
Friends of Acadia - website
Ronald McDonald House - Bangor - website
Ronald McDonald House - Tucson - website
Pima County Public Library - website (asked them to put it towards a good mystery...)
Hermitage No Kill Cat Shelter - Tucson - website
Ben's Bells - Tucson - website
Heifer Project International (donated through Ella's GS Troop #10552) - Heifer website
JDRF - Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - website
Project Linus - website
Soles4Soles - website
Donors Choose.org - website (this donation went to a 3-5 art classroom in Fort Smith, AR for quality scissors - Steve and I visited here on one of the hottest days in his life - 108 degrees - it was unforgettable)

That's 14!

No comments: