Wednesday, June 11, 2014

36. Lost Light - Michael Connelly

#9 Harry Bosch
audio read by Len Cariou
Listened on my iPhone through Overdrive/TPPL download
9 discs/parts
2004
416 pgs.
Finished 6/11/14 in my cozy PA apartment
Adult murder mystery
Goodreads Rating: 4.09
My Rating: 4.5 Loved it
Acquired: TPPL Overdrive Audio
Setting: LA and Vegas
1st sentence/s:  "There is no end of things in the heart.  Somebody once told me that."

My comments: Harry Bosch #9 did not disappoint.  This time he's no longer on the LAPD homicide squad, he's out on his own.  Although Virgil Flowers has overtaken Harry as my favorite protagonist, I'm still a total Harry Bosch fan.  I've got the next one on reserve!

Goodreads Review:  The vision has haunted him for four years--a young woman lying crumpled in death, her hand outstretched in silent supplication. Harry Bosch was taken off the Angella Benton murder case when the production assistant's death was linked with the violent theft of two million dollars from a movie set. Both files were never closed. Now retired from the L.A.P.D., Bosch is determined to find justice for Angella. Without a badge to open doors and strike fear into the guilty, he's on his own. And even in the face of an opponent more powerful and ruthless than any he's ever encountered, Bosch is not backing down.

No comments: