Sunday, May 5, 2013

Movie - The Company You Keep


R (2:01)
Opened April 5, 2013
Viewed at ElCon Friday, May 3, 2013
RT Critics: 54  Audience:  50
Cag:  4/I really liked it

Directed by Robert Redford
Sony Pictures Classics

Robert Redford, Shia LaBoeuf, Susan Sarandon, Nick Nolte, Julie Christie, Chris Cooper, Richard Jenkins, Stanley Tucci

I did not know the cast - other than Robert Redford - until I saw the movie unfold.  Each new cast member, most old favorites, made me take in my breath and giggle for just a moment, that's how much I enjoyed seeing all of them.  The story was interesting and totally kept my interest for all two hours, except for one scene near the end - between Redford and Christie - that was too long and drawn out.  Shia LaBoeuf was super in his role.  And I loved his glasses!

Fandango Summary: A single father's upper-middle class life as a lawyer in upstate New York is shattered when his past as a radical activist member of the Weather Underground is revealed and he is accused of having been the triggerman at a deadly bank robbery years before. Forced to go on the lam, the man evades law enforcement while searching for the one woman who can prove his innocence.

No comments: