listened on Libby
399 pgs.
2011
YA Sci Fi
Finished 9/30/2026
Goodreads rating: 3.77
My rating: 4.75
Setting: The spaceship "Godspeed", current time onward
YA Sci Fi
Finished 9/30/2026
Goodreads rating: 3.77
My rating: 4.75
Setting: The spaceship "Godspeed", current time onward
My comments: 17-year-old Amy has been frozen and gone into space with her parents for a 250 year journey to another planet, far, far away, which is supposed to be similar to earth. But she is unfrozen after only 200 years to find she cannot be refrozen. The story flips back-and-forth between her and 16-year-old Elder, who will someday be the leader of the ship. I liked all the elements of the story, including the tension, the not knowing everything, and the relationships between the few people that we really get to know. I must read the second book before I forget this first one because so much went on....and so much more could happen!
Goodreads synopsis: Nominee for Readers' Favorite Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction (2011), Nominee for Readers' Favorite Goodreads Author (2011)

No comments:
Post a Comment