Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sunday Drive and Colonel Denning State Park

What an incredibly gorgeous SPRING morning!  For a day that was supposed to be overcast, I received a wonderful surprise and decided to take advantage and hit the road for a morning ride..

I headed north on 233 from Newville on Doubling Gap Road.  Farms and homes, some particularly large and beautiful, dotted the landscape.  And then, out of nowhere, I saw signs for Colonel Denning State Park.  I don't think, in all my wanderings, I've been here before!
  • Really nice campground.  
  • No cabins.  
  • Super clean, newish bathroom facilities (no wifi, though)..
  • Beach and great  picnicking.
  • Babbling streams.
  • Waterfall beside the beach.
  • Wifi near park office.
  • In and surrounded by Tuscarora National Forest..
          
From there I continued along 533, passing through Landisburg, Alinda, Dromgold, and Sherman's Dale before hitting the rotary that leads to Carlisle Springs.
Blue skies, fluffy white clouds, absolutely gorgeous and perfect!!


No comments: