Thursday, February 27, 2020

36. The Year of Saying Yes by Hannah Doyle

listened to audio on Chirp
narrated by Zara Ramm
Unabridged audio (12:02)
2017, Headline
363 pgs.
Genre/Level
Finished 2/27/2020
Goodreads rating: 4.21 - 723 ratings
My rating:  2
Setting:  Contemporary England

First line/s:  "If I cock up the next few hours of my life then I know I'm going to have to admit defeat."

My comments:  I really feel like I wasted my time with this book.  Yes, she did come out the other end being a MUCH better person, and there were certainly a few funny spots, but other than that it just went on and on and on.....

Goodreads synopsis:  Dear Readers,
          I hold my hands up: I'm stuck in a rut. For three years and counting I've been hopelessly in love with the same guy - and the closest we've ever got is a drunken arse grab (NB: this doesn't count). My favourite hobby is googling cats for spinsters and I'm sick of my shoestring salary that barely pays for my shoebox flat.
         I need a head-to-toe life makeover. Enter my 'Year of Saying Yes', which is where you come in. To help me sort out my sorry life, I need you to #DareIzzy. For the next 12 months I'll be saying 'yes' to your challenges, no matter how wild, adventurous or plain nuts they are. 'No' is not an option!
          Here goes... Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.
          Love,
          Izzy x

No comments: