Sunday, August 25, 2019

Postcards Received from Virginia

2080.  Virginia
"The Critic" New York 1943 photograph by Weegee (Arthur Fellig)
I picked this card because you asked for old ladies, but age is relative.  You might not think these women are old.  I live in SE VA, near the border with NC.  We have great beaches in VA Beach and on the Outer Banks of NC (OBX).  I have a vegetable garden and a pet cat.  I also like to read books. June 11, 2021

2035. The Freeman Store and Museum
Vienna, Virginia
The Freeman Store and Museum was built in 1859: it was used as a general store, a hospital during the Civil War and a railroad station and post office.  Today it is operated by Historic Vienna, Inc. as a general store and museum.
Greetings from Virginia!  Vienna is the next town over and this Freeman Store is in the little downtown historic shopping area.  I visited here around Christmas during the pandemic - they were letting in 5 people at a time.  The whole downstairs is a used bookstore!  Bought 10 books!  Upstairs is candy, toys, exhibits, novelty items.  Only open a few hours weekly.  -- Toby

1947.  Virginia
We Are Tied, 2014 Ben Giles
I couldn't find a penguin postcard, so hepefully one of these birds is cool enough.  :)  I'm in Virginia and it's starting to warm up here.  I think we're aobut two weeks from it going from "nice" to too hot.  Kate.

1279.  Williamsburg, Virginia
The Governor's Palace.
Although common the the "Olde World" a parade with the grandeur of the Governor's was quite an accomplishment for the Colonists.  Note the fine detail of the heraldic beasts and wrought iron gates.
Hi Chris!  I hope this PC finds you well.  I have a friend from Pennsylvania and we went to school together town here.  She was from Moon Township.  We used to say she was from the moon!
Anyway...Happy Swapping!  xoxo Eleni

No comments: