Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Another set of recent postcards

1918.  Arras, FRANCE (it's in the north)
Bonjour Chris, greetings from Arras.  I'm Ornella.  I'm a nurse.  I love reading.  Her is a box of books, you put the books you have read and you take another if there is one that you like.  Through me it develops a lot.  I deposit more than I take because I already have a lot to read at home.  I love to find flea markets.  I wish you the best.  Oerie

1917.  San Diego, California
Official Jackalope License
Hello Chris, Greetings from sunny San Diego.  I'm giving this another shot, since my fierst card has gone missing.  I love cryptozoology too :} ,,, such a classic American thing.  I like to travel, cook, swim, red, go to museums, concerts, plays and escape rooms, spend time outdoors and learn new things.  Wishing you a full mailbox!  Sue G.

1916.  Oregon
Hello Chris, we hope you like this Oregon Map postcard and postage stamps  We live in Western Oregon, near the city of Eugene and 50 miles from the Pacific Ocean.  We are retired.  My wife, Nancy, is a quilter.  She is part of a group that makes quilts for Lutheran World Relief as well as "baby" quilts for our local AID (Food Pantry).  I am a collector of used postage stamps.  Take care , Larry and Nancy Clough

1915.  Gold Canuon, Arizona (near Phoenix)
Dia de los Muertos Paper Dolls
Hello!  Greetings from Arizona!  My name is Tilly and I live in Gild Canyon, near Phoenix.
Random Facts:  1) I'm originally from Wisconsin; 2) I love the smells of wet dirt, musty basements and skunks; 3) South Africa is my dream trip; 4) I've never had a pet, not even a fish; 5) I don't like coffee, tea or cold pizza; 6)I love chicken livers; 7) Monument Valley is my favorite place in AZ; 8) I'm going to China for two weeks in June.
Wishing you all the best.  Hope you're enjoying you new life in PA.  Tilly

1914.  Aerial View of Wichita, Kansas
Hello Chris, Greetings from Wichita, Kansas, United States of America.  Hope you'd like this card. :)  Aliessia

1913. Minsk, Belarus
MAHILIOV "Monument to the Astrologer"
Greetings from Minsk, Belarus from Ivan and his family.  The postcard shows the beautiful city of Mogilev and its central square of stars.  On this square there is a seven-meter memorial to the stargazer.  According to the sign you need touch to the stargazer.  On a sign in it a huge amount of energy from space gathers, the person will be loaded with good luck for all the works.

No comments: