Wednesday, July 4, 2018

60. Losing It by Cora Carmack

Listened on Audible
2012, Harper Collins
189 pgs.
Adult CRF
Finished 7/4/18
Goodreads rating:  3.76  - 94,637 ratings
My rating: 2

First line/s:  "I took a deep breath."

My comments:  As much as I try, I just can't get into romances.  What's wrong with me?  Sure, I like the sexy bits, but the silliness surrounding it all just keeps my eyes rolling.  There was definitely some humor in this one, I snickered occasionally, and I loved all the stuff with the cat, Harriet.  I can't even say it's because I guess I'm getting old, because I don't think I  ever liked romance ....but I keep trying....

Goodreads synopsis:  Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

No comments: