Sunday, February 1, 2015

UFO's and Finishing Some QUILTS!

It's February 1st.  I finally purchased a sewing machine last weekend to replace my wonderful Pfaff that was stolen last April.  I have a million projects started and an incredible stash of fabrics that I love.  I have lots and lots of scraps.

So.......I am challenging myself to finish projects this year - lots of them - without buying any more fabric.  No impulse buying ... at all!  However, I will allow myself to purchase background fabrics that are needed because I have nothing that would replicate the look that I want.

Finish!
Use up my scraps!

I love my handy-dandy new machine.  I couldn't afford anything at all, but stumbled across this very inexpensive, no-fills Pfaff.  (I absolutely loved my stolen Pfaff, and feel good just having another.)  It sews lovely straight seams, zig-zags, and even makes buttonholes (which I doubt I'll ever use.)

I'm joining the UFO Challenge from the 52 Quilts Blog.  I'm copying and pasting it here:

2015 UFO Challenge


Here's how it works:

1.  Pull out 12 of your UFOs.  (Notice I didn't say all your UFOs.  I know you have at least 12!)   These can be half-done projects, barely begun projects, or even quilt "kits." 
2.  I put each project in its own 2-gallon size plastic bag.  Saves time I would have spent looking for the pattern or the special template required!
3.  Number each bag 1 - 12.
4.  Come to 52 Quilts the first day of each month in 2015 and I will have posted the number for that month's project.
5.  As you complete your UFO, email a photo to Aunt Marti at 52 quilts dot com. The first of the month, I'll host a "UFO Parade" with photos of your finished projects. It's OK to send in photos early in the month -- I start drafting the post as I receive your photos.
Most importantly, YOU decide what is finished! It can be "bound and ready to give away" or "pieced and ready to quilt." 

Of course, I've missed the first month.  Therefore, I'll probably only be doing 11 (or should I say, HOPING to do 11.)  January's number was 2.  I want to finish my Cacophony Quilt first, so that will be the number for February - 1.  The rest will be random.  Which other 10 projects will I choose? This is going to be fun!

I have to check on the first day of each month to see which bag will contain this month's project!

No comments: