Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Alliance - Mark Frost

#2 The Paladin Prophecy
2014, Random House
329 pgs.(read the first 88 and the last 35) DNF
YA Fantasy/SciFi
Abandoned 4/1/14
Goodreads Rating:  4.06
My Rating: 2/It was okay but didn't care about it at all, so abandoned it.
TPPL
1st sentence/s: "Lyle Ogilvy had trouble staying dead."

My comments  :I read up to page 88, and it didn't interest me at all.  Nada.  So I read the last 30-35 pages and realized I hadn't needed to read much of what was in between to understand what happened.  So I'm not going to rate it.  I just don't care about the characters.  Isn't that funny - I so enjoyed the first book but reading the first quarter of this second book didn't add any dimension to those same characters, it almost seemed to flatten and stereotype them.  One of the two "surprise" revelations at the end were totally foreseeable.  I made the right decision not to read the book. 

Goodreads Review:  After exposing the sinister underground society of students known as the Knights of Charlemagne, Will West stays at the Center over the summer to explore his newly developing physical and mental abilities. Meanwhile, his roommates investigate the Knights' shadowy purpose and discover unsettling information about their own backgrounds. Will and his friends must quickly figure out what's going on and separate friend from foe as they prepare for the coming fight.

No comments: