Tuesday, March 11, 2014

15. Let Me Go - Chelsea Cain

Archie Sheridan (& Gretchen Lowell) #6
Audio read by Christina Delaine
10 unabridged cds
2013 Macmillan Audio
358 pgs.
Adult Murder Mystery
Finished 3/9/2014
Goodreads Rating: 3.96
My Rating: 3/Liked it
TPPL
Contemporary Portland, Oregon

Goodreads has a page about this series here.

My comments:  3 is "liked it."  I did.  This installment included some flashbacks from Archie and Gretchen's initial liaisons - which helped me more fully understand Archie's fascination with her. However, I cannot understand his feelings for Susan.  At all.  Maybe it's the way the reader of this audio makes her sound - but to me she's immature, outspoken, selfish and....in many ways....stupid. These stories always fascinate me, and I'm hoping for more, but I'm glad I'm finished with the ones that are currently out so that I can take a little Archie Sheridan break.

Goodreads Review:   Detective Archie Sheridan is about to receive a birthday present from the last person he ever wants to see again: Gretchen Lowell
          The investigation into Jack Reynolds's drug enterprise is heating up and has Archie heading off to attend a masked Halloween party on Jack Reynolds's island, where Susan is a reluctant guest. But the next morning one of the guests is found murdered, and Archie quickly realizes that nothing is what it seems. Only one thing is clear: Gretchen is back, and she's been closer than anyone thinks. On Halloween Eve, with time running out, Archie will have to risk everything, and choose wisely whom to trust, if he and his loved ones are going to live through the night.

No comments: