Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MOVIE - The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Really quite well done, and better than the book!
Released June 30, 2010
July 4, 2010 at El Con
PG-13 (2:04)
RT: 73% cag 89%
Director: David Slade

This was a pretty decent movie. I didn't like the book...it was much too long, repetetive, gloomy. But the movie took the extra couple of hundred pages the book didn't need and threw them to the wind. There were even a few pretty decent laughs in the movie, which did an outstanding job of following the book, taking all the best bits. I'd been looking forward to the retelling of Rosalie, Jasper, and the third wife's stories, which were done (not overdone, thank goodness) in quick flashbacks. Nice.

I think I enjoyed this the best of all three so far. I still don't get what attracts these two young men so powerfully to Bella, but that's just me, I guess. And Edward's lips didn't look overly lipsticked this time, I didn't focus on them at all like I did in the first movie. So, all in all, a positive experience!

No comments: