Monday, September 12, 2016

Postcards Received Monday, Sept. 12, 2016

530. Saitama, Japan
Dear Chris, Hello!  Greetings from Japan.   My name is Miki.  I live in Saitama with my husband and son (two months old).  I like doing yoga, shopping and traveling.  September 19 is Respect for the Aged Day, which is a Japanese holiday celebrated annually to honor elderly people.  Many people spend time with their grandparents.  I wish you all the best.  Miki

531.  Virpi Pekkala card from FINLAND
Hello Hei Chris!
Greetings from Finland.  Nice you like our Virpi Pekkala's art.  I love her quiet humour.  Hugs and kisses, Leila

532.  Long Island Sound, New York
Hello Chris
I live about a mile from this picture, on the eastern end of Long Island, New York, in the small village of Greenport.  Across the sound is Connecticut.  I like the desert scenery ad mountains.  Happy postcrossing, Bob

533.  Elbe River, Germany
"DIE ELBE von Hamburg bis Dresden"
Hello Chris!  My name is Natalie, and I'm student from Magdeburg, Germany (you can notice it in the middle of the map).  Our city stands on the Elbe River and my friends and I love to sit near it in the evening.  I hope you're having a good summer! :)
cheers, Nataliya

No comments: