Saturday, March 21, 2015

Beginning a Grandmother's Flower Garden - EPP English Paper Pieced - Hexie - Quilt

(Now that's a mouthful!)

For the last three weeks I've been frantically basting 2 1/2 inch pieces of fabric to 1-inch cardstock hexagons that I've punch out using a Fiskar's punch.

I decided to use the collection of black & white fat quarters that I've been amassing for the last few years. As of last weekend I'd created over 600 individual hexagons and whip stitched 20 different 19-piece flowers together.  I decided to make the inside block of each a really bright center, with the first round being black on white and the second round being white-on-black.

I'm addicted.  Can't get enough.  I love hand sewing!


....and I'm using the back of my couch as a pincushion and pinning-board .... it works perfectly!

No comments: